Friday, January 6, 2012

Panamooky


I hardly post anymore, but that doesn't mean that I'm not writing. It just means that I'm not publishing very much, which is a drag.

This is a travel story about Panama that I wrote for The Tico Times. My wife Kia took one of the photos for the article which officially makes her a published photographer. The vast majority of photogs are too ridiculous to exist. This means that Kia is especially cool because she got something published without even caring about photography at all. I've never seen her wear a scarf, and she doesn't drone on for hours talking about online media or pine to "find a good story," whatever that means.

All you zealous photogs that take yourselves too seriously ought to read "Calderon's War," Cecilia Balli's piece about drugs in Ciudad Juarez, in this month's issue of Harper's. The photos are great, sure, but the writing is more powerful than the images ever could be. Words are the most important thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment